Monday, August 29, 2016

Some Days

Some days I get up and I think "I can't do it today!" and seriously consider putting my jammies back on and watching cartoons all day. Seriously. I am a 44 year old professional woman that is 13 weeks away from a Masters Degree. Today was one of those days.
Then I discovered my childhood friend Ronnie's mom on Facebook right before I left for work! Well, that put a new spin on things!
Ronnie was one of my best friends. He moved in across the street from me when I was 11. He was a cute little guy with curly brown hair and big brown eyes, all gangly arms and legs, two years younger than me. He was a mess! Always in trouble, typical boy, the little brother I always wanted. In fact, with our brown eyes and the way we harassed one another, everyone thought he was my little brother. Eventually, I was going to his house before school each morning to be sure he was ready for school (his mom had to leave for work early). I helped him clear through high school with his homework and advice about girls. After I moved away and got married, I would run into him maybe once a year and he always grabbed me up in a big hug. He grew up into a tall and handsome man, just like I always knew he would. I lost touch with him many years ago...in fact, the last time I saw him I was pregnant with my oldest daughter (18 years ago). I have tried to look him up, but he is evidently the only person in the world who refuses to join Facebook!
Tonight I messaged his Mom! She has moved across the country and has remarried, so I literally found her by accident. She and I are talking on Facebook, so hopefully soon I will get to talk to my old friend.
I'm glad I didn't put my jammies back on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment